Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Most Common Problems & Solutions 2

Most Common Problems & Solutions 2 :

  • Problem::

Whenever I double-click on any drive/folder in My Computer, a Search window opens.

Solution::

Open regedit and goto following keys one by one:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell

In right-side pane, delete the “Default” key. If it doesnt work then delete the key “find” under both.


  • Problem::

Whenever I start my computer, My Documents/My Computer opens automatically at windows startup.

Solution::

Open regedit and goto:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

In right-side pane, change value of “Userinit” to:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

NOTE: If you have windows installed in other drives, then change C:\ to that drive label.

Now goto:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Advanced

In right-side pane, change value of “PersistBrowsers” to 0

Now log off windows and it should solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment